The London Road Hearing Centre believe in making our websites information and functionality equally available to all visitors. We have made this site as usable and accessible as possible so you can easily find the information you are looking for.
Our website has been designed to be as accessible as possible. With this in mind we have produced our website according to the following guidelines:
- The majority of font sizes are relative, compatible with the user-specified `text size` option in web browsers. You can increase or decrease text sizes on most browsers using text or font size options found on the View menu.
- For people who are colour blind or visually impaired, we have avoided conveying information through colour alone. Most links will be determined using icons or underlining of the link text.
- Wherever possible we have designed pages so that you don`t have to wait for all images on the page to finish loading before you can start reading information on the page.
- For customers using non-graphical browsers, we have included textual description for all images that convey useful information, but decorative images can be skipped so you can get to relevant information on the page as soon as possible.
- Wherever possible we have designed pages so that the content makes sense when read by a screen-reader. You should be able to move through the content and tab through form fields in a logical way. On content pages, we have put the content before the website menu so you can get to useful information straight away.
We have attempted to comply specifically with the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and also The DDA new Code of Practice on “Rights of Access: Goods, Facilities and Services”. If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
There are some basic browser setting requirements that we have imposed to bring you some of the functionalities of this website. These are:
- You need to have the latest version of Internet Explorer or Firefox on Windows/PC or Safari on Mac.
- If you do not have any of these, you can download the latest version of these from their respective websites.
- Your browser needs to be enabled to receive cookies – we require this to securely save your personalised information and provide useful functionalities. You can check your cookie setting in your browser preferences or internet options. Look for settings related to “cookies” or “privacy”.
- For best experience, your monitor needs to have a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 pixels to avoid horizontal scrolling of pages. You can change your monitor screen resolution setting in your operating system`s display or monitor control panels or system preference.